bullet.gif Player Profiles

bullet.gif QAcademy
Users Online
bullet.gif Guests Online: 1

bullet.gif Members Online: 0

bullet.gif Total Members: 846
bullet.gif Newest Member: Tom
Premium Site Content

Wondering where all of the other good stuff has gone?

Premium content such as Shedcam, Event Calendar, Player Stats and Rankings, Player Profiles, Video Content, Pictures, Site Competitions, Games Arcade, User Gold and other goodies are now visible only to our Registered Users.

However, registration is completely free, and takes a matter of seconds!

So, click HERE to register now!
County Committee

County Manager/Chairperson: Maria Lewis

Treasurer: Daniel Marshall

A Team Manager/Captain: Stuart Douglas

B1 Team Manager/Captain: Colin Thomas

B2 Team Manager/Captain: Ben Marshall

Ladies Manager/Captain: Lisa Reynolds

Seniors Captain: Andy Waters

Masters Captain: Ravi Bath

Tournament Director: Mike Chappell

Players Rep: Wenda Hooton

MK Tuesday League
MK Sunday League
MK EPA Singles League
MKSBL Singles League
Web Master
Koopa
Site Team
Dog Deano
Last Seen Users
bullet.gif Pete 1 day
bullet.gif jamesr 5 days
bullet.gif BlackBalled 2 weeks
bullet.gif kingmartyn 5 weeks
bullet.gif Koopa 9 weeks
bullet.gif Hammer16 weeks
bullet.gif ads18 weeks
bullet.gif The Great22 weeks
bullet.gif Scott_Harvey26 weeks
bullet.gif Adambond8930 weeks
bullet.gif carl allum139 weeks
bullet.gif Arsenalfc58 weeks
bullet.gif hwmc62 weeks
bullet.gif pete l73 weeks
bullet.gif dave7red77 weeks
bullet.gif maria mezza ...78 weeks
bullet.gif BULLET82 weeks
bullet.gif shootpool83 weeks
bullet.gif Deano83 weeks
bullet.gif exiled85 weeks
bullet.gif Keyring87 weeks
bullet.gif whatafcukinl...90 weeks
bullet.gif dave267991 weeks
bullet.gif poolplayerdan107 weeks
bullet.gif Thekeeper110 weeks
View Thread
Bucks8ball.com » Milton Keynes Leagues » Q-Academy Singles League
Shall we implement the new rules? If so, how?
No No 75%[3 Votes]
Revise current league Revise current league 25%[1 Vote]
New league New league 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 4
 Print Thread
New or Revise BB Singles League
maria mezza lewis
The current Blackball singles league is halfway through the season and I am considering either revising it for next season or starting a new BB Singles league. My reasons for this are:
1. Each season is becoming increasingly difficult to attract players due to either the number of cancellations or cannot commit to a particular playing day
2. The league is wasting money spent on tables each week that are not being used due to increased cancellations. The league pays over 50% of entry fees for the tables which reduces the amount of the prize fund, then players are further paying for tables on rearranged games.

I am proposing that either the current league changes or a new league evolves under the following format and rules:

1. All players failing to play their matches by the deadline will have their games voided, except in exceptional circumstances, It is the responsibility of the "Home" player first name on the fixture to make original contact to arrange fixture.If "Home" player has problems arranging fixture they are to contact the organisers before the deadline. Matches will not be claimed if the away player has not been contacted but they must also take responsability in either contacting opponent or organisers.Players who persistently fail to play matches on time without good cause will be removed from the league without notice or warning.

Any matches that are awarded will be done at 3 points but no frame difference.

If a game is not played by the end of the season for what ever reason the match will not be awarded just voided.

2.Blackball is the default rule set of the league. Lag for first break and then alternate breaks.

3. Matches shall be of a maximum 16 frames. Should one player win a ninth frame the match shall be deemed to be over and no further frames shall be played. No frames may be conceded or claimed. All matches must be played at Herald Snooker Club. The scoring system will be three points for a win, one point for a draw, frame difference then frames for and then head to head to separate players on the same points total.

If in doubt about table availability home players should phone the club to book a table.

4. In most cases players must play two matches per calendar month. They will be advised of their fixtures and relevant contact details.

5. Players may play matches before the set fixture date however these results will not be added to the league table till that fixture was due to be played.

6. If a player withdraws from the league before it's completion, all their results will be removed if they do not complete at least half their fixtures, after halfway the latter half of results will be removed.

7. Players will be placed on the results table according to points total. If the points are equal, then on frame difference, then on head to head, then on results against the highest placed player. In the eventuality of players still being tied the prize money will be shared.

8. Players are expected to act in a sportsmanlike manner at all times. In the event of any dispute occurring during a match, the decision of the organizers is final.

10. On all other matters the organizers reserve the right to amend rules as appropriate and without notice.

Late and Non-arrival at Matches
If you are travelling to a match and are running late, PLEASE LET YOUR OPPONENT KNOW BEFORE THE START TIME. Contact numbers have been provided for all players, as well as the club and there is no excuse for leaving the other player hanging about with no idea whether you are going to turn up or not. "I didn't have the number with me" and other such 'the dog eat my homework' type excuses are not acceptable. Please consider this as a common courtesy. You wouldn't want it to happen to you.

Players arriving late and having failed to inform their opponent will be docked frames as follows: Up to 15 minutes late will result in the loss of one frame, 30 minutes - two frames and 45 minutes - 3 frames. 45 minutes after the agreed start time, the player who has turned up on time is free to leave with no penalty.

If, due to unforeseen circumstances you have to cancel a match, please give as much notice to your opponent as possible, they may have a long way to come. Anyone cancelling within one hour of the agreed start time will be docked three frames when the match is played.

If a player fails to turn up for a scheduled match with no notification, the game must be rearranged, with the offending player docked three frames. Failure to turn up a second time with no notification will result in conceading of match and 3 points awarded too opponent. A third offense will result in expulsion from the league.

I know that these rules on lateness may seem harsh but I believe it to be in everyone's best interest to know exactly where they stand in this matter.

The cost of the league would reduce to £50 entry fee with the Home Player paying for the table. Each player will play each other home and away. This ensures everyone pays for tables and the entry fee is 100% payout and no financial waste.

I would appreciate:
1. People's thoughts on the above.
2. Respond to the below Poll

Thanks
Maria
I'm not weird, I'm limited edition

poolplayerdan
As I personally play both single leagues and don't have many spare evenings nor do I tend to coo uncial this doesn't sound a good idea to me. Yes the price would go down but the cost of playing them games where you are home would outweigh the reduced price. Also with not living in mk it would be a hassle travelling different days of the week each week

maria mezza lewis

poolplayerdan wrote:

As I personally play both single leagues and don't have many spare evenings nor do I tend to coo uncial this doesn't sound a good idea to me. Yes the price would go down but the cost of playing them games where you are home would outweigh the reduced price. Also with not living in mk it would be a hassle travelling different days of the week each week

Thanks for your response Dan, the above is only a suggestion and up for discussion.
I'm not weird, I'm limited edition

Jump to Forum:
Google Search
Follow us on Facebook

Help this site and the network
grow by following all the
Bucks8Ball and iCueSport news:

Region 6 Southern
Region 6 Southern Live
Mens AFixturesTableStats
Mens BFixturesTableStats
Mens CFixturesTableStats
LadiesFixturesTableStats
SeniorsFixturesTableStats
MastersFixturesTableStats
Region 6 Southern Results
ShedCam - Live Pool

Europe U.S.A
0 0
Race to 11
Click for Scorer Panel
The Potting Shed Leagues
Code of Conduct

iCueSport Web Shop

Discount Supplies

Cue Wizard

The textual content, images and programming displayed within this website are the exclusive property of Bucks8ball.com, or provided to Bucks8ball.com by third parties such as iCueSport for exclusive use within this website. Duplication or reproduction of this content, unless explicitly stated otherwise, is an offence under UK, EU and US Copyright Law. Please note the terms and conditions of using our forums! This site is not designed for children if you are under 13 then please leave now.

Copyright Bucks8ball.com © 2010