bullet.gif Player Profiles

bullet.gif QAcademy
Users Online
bullet.gif Guests Online: 2

bullet.gif Members Online: 0

bullet.gif Total Members: 846
bullet.gif Newest Member: Tom
Premium Site Content

Wondering where all of the other good stuff has gone?

Premium content such as Shedcam, Event Calendar, Player Stats and Rankings, Player Profiles, Video Content, Pictures, Site Competitions, Games Arcade, User Gold and other goodies are now visible only to our Registered Users.

However, registration is completely free, and takes a matter of seconds!

So, click HERE to register now!
County Committee

County Manager/Chairperson: Maria Lewis

Treasurer: Daniel Marshall

A Team Manager/Captain: Stuart Douglas

B1 Team Manager/Captain: Colin Thomas

B2 Team Manager/Captain: Ben Marshall

Ladies Manager/Captain: Lisa Reynolds

Seniors Captain: Andy Waters

Masters Captain: Ravi Bath

Tournament Director: Mike Chappell

Players Rep: Wenda Hooton

MK Tuesday League
MK Sunday League
MK EPA Singles League
MKSBL Singles League
Web Master
Koopa
Site Team
Dog Deano
Last Seen Users
bullet.gif daveediker 3 weeks
bullet.gif Pete 4 weeks
bullet.gif jamesr 5 weeks
bullet.gif BlackBalled 6 weeks
bullet.gif kingmartyn10 weeks
bullet.gif Koopa13 weeks
bullet.gif Hammer21 weeks
bullet.gif ads22 weeks
bullet.gif The Great26 weeks
bullet.gif Scott_Harvey31 weeks
bullet.gif Adambond8934 weeks
bullet.gif carl allum143 weeks
bullet.gif Arsenalfc62 weeks
bullet.gif hwmc66 weeks
bullet.gif pete l77 weeks
bullet.gif dave7red81 weeks
bullet.gif maria mezza ...82 weeks
bullet.gif BULLET87 weeks
bullet.gif shootpool87 weeks
bullet.gif Deano87 weeks
bullet.gif exiled89 weeks
bullet.gif Keyring91 weeks
bullet.gif whatafcukinl...94 weeks
bullet.gif dave267996 weeks
bullet.gif poolplayerdan111 weeks
View Thread
Bucks8ball.com » Milton Keynes Leagues » MK Sunday League
 Print Thread
Paul Goodwin Trophy K.O
Hammer
First Round Sunday 23/10/16

Rose & Crown v Hanslope
Westerners v Stantonbury
Countryman v Herald utd
Lads v Cricket Club
Dove v Deanshanger (postponed to be played on 27 nov )
Giffard v Queen vic
Flyers v Cricketers
Wanderers v Pretenders

Arsenalfc
Lads 1 v 6 cricket club not bad considering they didn't turn up until 8.13 but weren't allowed to claim any frames which I personally think is wrong

fredthered
5 (a) Tables must be available for play at 7:15pm for a prompt start at 7:30pm. If circumstances dictate that players will be delayed for a match, then captains must communicate with the opposing captain regarding these circumstances. Failure to communicate or non-arrival by 8:15pm will result in the aggrieved team receiving walk over points. Teams receiving walkover points must fill in the first 8 frames with player’s names and submit as 8 wins

According to the rules their is no claiming of frames for a late arrival but you could have claimed the match if there was no phone call to say they were going to be late

I can't believe the cricket club would cheat in any way and according to the rules they haven't 8:13 is just within the time limit (but only if they phoned to say they are running late) if you had no call you can claim it it says so in the rules
Edited by fredthered on 24/10 11:07
The older i get - the better i was

Hammer

fredthered wrote:

5 (a) Tables must be available for play at 7:15pm for a prompt start at 7:30pm. If circumstances dictate that players will be delayed for a match, then captains must communicate with the opposing captain regarding these circumstances. Failure to communicate or non-arrival by 8:15pm will result in the aggrieved team receiving walk over points. Teams receiving walkover points must fill in the first 8 frames with player’s names and submit as 8 wins

According to the rules their is no claiming of frames for a late arrival but you could have claimed the match if there was no phone call to say they were going to be late

I can't believe the cricket club would cheat in any way and according to the rules they haven't 8:13 is just within the time limit (but only if they phoned to say they are running late) if you had no call you can claim it it says so in the rules
very good Fred but you read the rule correct except it says failure to communicate or turn up by 8.15pm so turning up at 8.13 was within the rules once again Fred thanks for your valuable help again I urge all captains to read the rules

arthurlooker
Are the team that turned up late going to be given a warning about arriving in time in future fixtures?

JammyJim
Interesting rule considering On week two you gave everyone a gentle reminder of the start times of Sunday league pool matches,,, yet this rule gives teams right up until quarter past eight to even show up to the venue. Helpless
Stupid game anyway!!!

Hammer

arthurlooker wrote:

Are the team that turned up late going to be given a warning about arriving in time in future fixtures?
yep they got a right bollocking

Hammer

JammyJim wrote:

Interesting rule considering On week two you gave everyone a gentle reminder of the start times of Sunday league pool matches,,, yet this rule gives teams right up until quarter past eight to even show up to the venue. Helpless
no Jimmy it doesn't it's for genuine reason to be delayed as this was

fredthered

Hammer wrote:

arthurlooker wrote:

yep they got a right bollocking

Funniest thing I have heard this week and I watch mock the week
I have to ask was a phone call made to explain the lateness as they were in the herald practicing before hand and left before we started our match
If no phone call happened I can understand why the lads are upset after hanging around for an hour wondering if your opponent is turning up you just get frustrated and a bit angry not the ideal mindset for playing pool

fredthered
Lads do any of you fancy playing county pool for bucks we are looking for more players of your standard/ability PM me if your interested and I will go through it with you
Cheers

Arsenalfc
They did have one player at our venue before 7.30, and he told us that apparently they are lost!! Which they have been to our venue a few times before!! And it's quite interesting knowing they were at the herald practicing which means it was a load of crap saying they was lost!!

The Harv
I was watching this game last night and at no point did the captain of the Lads receive any comms from Paul - Smithy was trying to get hold of people with no answer only to then discover they were lost (it only takes a min to let someone know you're on way) - but after hearing they were practicing at the Herald then I feel the Lads should have been able to claim the match if not at least 3 frames
8 times in a row - not bad for a "Mid Table" team

Grin Cheer

fredthered
ok guys the first week with the app went ok just a couple of blips
1/ make sure both teams at the end of match save and back and click Finnish
I had to finnish 5 matches last week
2/ a number of games never started till 8 the start time is 7.30 remember its live and I know when you start cheers D.M

This was daves post after the first weeks games funny how rules can bend for some and not others

Hammer

fredthered wrote:

ok guys the first week with the app went ok just a couple of blips
1/ make sure both teams at the end of match save and back and click Finnish
I had to finnish 5 matches last week
2/ a number of games never started till 8 the start time is 7.30 remember its live and I know when you start cheers D.M

This was daves post after the first weeks games funny how rules can bend for some and not others
i honestly don't see your point Fred I was at work Sunday and as soon as I notice the match hadn't started I rang the lads captain and during our conversation my team arrived I really don't see your point baxter who never drives got lost end of story I understand you have sour grapes because you feel you was cheated out of a frame against the cricket club but it was the third frame of the match maybe if you didn't throw your toys out the pram and run off instead of staying with your team they mite not of got beat

Knightrider
So those teams which have some county players, then on county weekends when you away and it's a long trek home - especially the upcoming Gloucestershire away, then no need to try and rush back risking speeding fines for a 7:15 arrival and prompt 7:30 start and having no time to get something to eat in between, because we don't need to start until 8:15. It is apparently in the rules and a precedent has been set now. 8:13 starts are acceptable even without the courtesy of a phone call.
Dangerous ground you set yourself Dave on this thread. I'm sure most teams will still adhere to the 7:30 start, but you can no longer have a go at teams starting later because you have now confirmed the 8:15 rule and your own team has used it to their advantage, and it is an advantage because your opponents are left hanging around for 58 minutes wondering if they have a match or not or if they can go home to their families early.

Hammer

Knightrider wrote:

So those teams which have some county players, then on county weekends when you away and it's a long trek home - especially the upcoming Gloucestershire away, then no need to try and rush back risking speeding fines for a 7:15 arrival and prompt 7:30 start and having no time to get something to eat in between, because we don't need to start until 8:15. It is apparently in the rules and a precedent has been set now. 8:13 starts are acceptable even without the courtesy of a phone call.
Dangerous ground you set yourself Dave on this thread. I'm sure most teams will still adhere to the 7:30 start, but you can no longer have a go at teams starting later because you have now confirmed the 8:15 rule and your own team has used it to their advantage, and it is an advantage because your opponents are left hanging around for 58 minutes wondering if they have a match or not or if they can go home to their families early.
the rule is for genuine delay surely your hole team won't be playing county so there would be no reason to start late your all acting like children just grow up

fredthered
i thought this was a thread to discuss the pool community the lads put up a genuine complaint and I put up my view as did others it's not sour grapes Dave it just happens to be the same team

And as mark said its 8:13 starts for everyone now you made a rod for your own back
If you can't have a discussion without insulting people Dave maybe you should stop posting comments
And yes all of our
team play county bar one(and he so old he always late)

Hammer

fredthered wrote:

i thought this was a thread to discuss the pool community the lads put up a genuine complaint and I put up my view as did others it's not sour grapes Dave it just happens to be the same team

And as mark said its 8:13 starts for everyone now you made a rod for your own back
If you can't have a discussion without insulting people Dave maybe you should stop posting comments
And yes all of our
team play county bar one(and he so old he always late)
get a life fred and by the way county pool has never been a reason to be late I played county before you new what pool was and was never late

Knightrider

Hammer wrote:

Knightrider wrote:

the rule is for genuine delay surely your hole team won't be playing county so there would be no reason to start late your all acting like children just grow up

Dave I appauld your loyalty to your team, but when half of it was practicing in the Herald before hand and then turn up late, I think is a genuine questionable issue. Please do not insult either my intelligence or other members of this league, you know full well that I currently run and have run leagues which are 3 - 5 times bigger than this one, so don't tell me to grow up. I was quite rightly pointing out that you have contradicting rules in place over start times of the matches one of which the 7:30 start which you now can no longer enforce as your own team is able to arrive at a venue at 8:13 with no phone call to opposition team and there are no consequences to it accept an in house telling off.
Suggest that next season if the league wants a 7:30 start then it is written in the rules that say for every 15 mins late a frame will be forfeited. Also if arrive after 7:15 team forfeits right to practice frame. Something along these lines.

big col
As a new team to the League we joined up to have a night out and some quality time with some good mates.Im beginning to think some people take it a bit to seriously.Ive seen to major posts on here and they both seem to be about someone slagging someone else off I say Get A Life

Jump to Forum:
Google Search
Follow us on Facebook

Help this site and the network
grow by following all the
Bucks8Ball and iCueSport news:

Region 6 Southern
Region 6 Southern Live
Mens AFixturesTableStats
Mens BFixturesTableStats
Mens CFixturesTableStats
LadiesFixturesTableStats
SeniorsFixturesTableStats
MastersFixturesTableStats
Region 6 Southern Results
ShedCam - Live Pool

Europe U.S.A
0 0
Race to 11
Click for Scorer Panel
The Potting Shed Leagues
Code of Conduct

iCueSport Web Shop

Discount Supplies

Cue Wizard

The textual content, images and programming displayed within this website are the exclusive property of Bucks8ball.com, or provided to Bucks8ball.com by third parties such as iCueSport for exclusive use within this website. Duplication or reproduction of this content, unless explicitly stated otherwise, is an offence under UK, EU and US Copyright Law. Please note the terms and conditions of using our forums! This site is not designed for children if you are under 13 then please leave now.

Copyright Bucks8ball.com © 2010