bullet.gif Player Profiles

bullet.gif QAcademy
Users Online
bullet.gif Guests Online: 1

bullet.gif Members Online: 0

bullet.gif Total Members: 846
bullet.gif Newest Member: Tom
Premium Site Content

Wondering where all of the other good stuff has gone?

Premium content such as Shedcam, Event Calendar, Player Stats and Rankings, Player Profiles, Video Content, Pictures, Site Competitions, Games Arcade, User Gold and other goodies are now visible only to our Registered Users.

However, registration is completely free, and takes a matter of seconds!

So, click HERE to register now!
County Committee

County Manager/Chairperson: Maria Lewis

Treasurer: Daniel Marshall

A Team Manager/Captain: Stuart Douglas

B1 Team Manager/Captain: Colin Thomas

B2 Team Manager/Captain: Ben Marshall

Ladies Manager/Captain: Lisa Reynolds

Seniors Captain: Andy Waters

Masters Captain: Ravi Bath

Tournament Director: Mike Chappell

Players Rep: Wenda Hooton

MK Tuesday League
MK Sunday League
MK EPA Singles League
MKSBL Singles League
Web Master
Koopa
Site Team
Dog Deano
Last Seen Users
bullet.gif daveediker 2 weeks
bullet.gif Pete 3 weeks
bullet.gif jamesr 4 weeks
bullet.gif BlackBalled 5 weeks
bullet.gif kingmartyn 8 weeks
bullet.gif Koopa12 weeks
bullet.gif Hammer20 weeks
bullet.gif ads21 weeks
bullet.gif The Great25 weeks
bullet.gif Scott_Harvey30 weeks
bullet.gif Adambond8933 weeks
bullet.gif carl allum142 weeks
bullet.gif Arsenalfc61 weeks
bullet.gif hwmc65 weeks
bullet.gif pete l76 weeks
bullet.gif dave7red80 weeks
bullet.gif maria mezza ...81 weeks
bullet.gif BULLET85 weeks
bullet.gif shootpool86 weeks
bullet.gif Deano86 weeks
bullet.gif exiled88 weeks
bullet.gif Keyring90 weeks
bullet.gif whatafcukinl...93 weeks
bullet.gif dave267995 weeks
bullet.gif poolplayerdan110 weeks
View Thread
Bucks8ball.com » Milton Keynes Leagues » MK Tuesday League
Is it time for a change to the rules played?
Continue with World Rules Continue with World Rules 58%[14 Votes]
Change to Blackball Change to Blackball 42%[10 Votes]
Total Votes : 24
 Print Thread
New Season - Is it time for a change?
maria mezza lewis
This seasons MK Tuesday Pool League has now finished with presentation having been moved to 6th Sept and no Registration or AGM date set, and the majority of the current committee members stepping down is this a time for change?
MK Tuesday Pool League is currently played to World Rules but the league has players who play both World Rules and Blackball Rules, and it is proposed that the rule-set be changed to Blackball. There are a few differences in the rules but Blackball is a more pub friendly set of rules, it is a combination of World Rules and old EPA Rules which are often played in pubs, what are these differences?

1.BREAK
BLACKBALL - 2 balls must pass the middle pocket or ball potted
WORLD RULES - 4 balls must hit a cushion or ball potted

2.DECIDING COLOURS
BLACKBALL - The table is open after the break shot and remains open until the player pots a ball from only one group on a legal
normal shot, which means not a break shot and not a free shot.
WORLD RULES - The table is open until a ball is potted on a legal shot. If potted on the break or one of each group is potted in a
legal shot the player must nominate their chosen group.

3.FOULS Same as WR excluding:
• SKILL SHOT – see no.6
• DELIBERATE FOUL – see no.5
• Moving cue ball with any part of cue except tip once frame has started
• Catching cue ball from an in off is a LOSS OF FRAME

4.FOULS - Penalty
BLACKBALL - One free shot where player can play any ball with their first shot.
• Free shot player can pot any ball excluding Black, unless they are on the Black, or Cue ball
• Ball in hand, so play from where Cue ball rests or take to Baulk
WORLD RULES - Two shots, player must play own ball from where Cue ball rests unless it’s a foul snooker

5.DELIBERATE FOUL
BLACKBALL - A Loss of Frame foul. Player must make a genuine attempt to hit their own ball first.
If player hits own ball first onto opponent’s ball and pots only the opponent’s ball and covers pocket with own ball,
that is not a deliberate foul. Definition of deliberate foul is not making a genuine attempt to hit own ball. Therefore,
hitting opponent’s ball first because you forgot what colour you are on is a deliberate foul.
WORLD RULES - A Standard foul and opponent is awarded two shots

6.SKILL / COMBINATION SHOT
BLACKBALL -In a legal shot (playing own ball first) player can pot an opponent’s ball providing one of their own ball is potted. This
can also include the Blackball if the player is on the Black ball.
WORLD RULES -A Standard foul and opponent is awarded two shots. If Black ball is potted, then loss of frame.

If you believe it’s time for a change then please attend the AGM when the date is set and make it known, or you can contact me on 07807050171. In the meantime, if you would like to know more about the Blackball rules please contact me and either myself or a Blackball colleague will attend your venue and go through the rules.

To view Blackball rules in full click the link http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/index.asp...asp?id=120
To view World rules in full click the link http://www.epa.org.uk/wrules.php

If the change is made the pool season will see a new and exciting approach to the Tuesday singles competition plus other different mini comps throughout.

BELIEVE, THE TRANSITION IS NOT HUGE, THEY ARE EASIER TO LEARN THEN WORLD RULES.
Edited by maria mezza lewis on 30/08 14:38
I'm not weird, I'm limited edition

whatafcukinliberty
Totally agree with Maria, these rules will definitely suit more people already playing world rules league pool.
A new approach, new comps, fees getting spread around more with more people winning a little cash.
It is a friendly league and should be aimed at the many instead of the few, rules are easy to pick up....
cops and who???

Koopa
Would be a good move I believe

As it is a friendly league I would suggest you do drop the two rules that really shouldn't be in there anyway, namely
• Moving cue ball with any part of cue except tip once frame has started
• Catching cue ball from an in off is a LOSS OF FRAME

i.e. lining up the cue ball with you cue after ball in hand and catching the white after it has already dropped in the pocket. Keep it simple and friendly.

Anyone want an extra player for their team?

http://www.sapphire-solutions.co.uk
poolplayerdan
The way I look at it there are two main rule sets in pool ( blackball and world) and two main leagues in me. Have one of each rule set league would be a good idea

maria mezza lewis
Guys would be great if you could click the poll above as well as commenting.

BULLET
since when has this been a friendly league, its been a money league for a long time

maria mezza lewis

BULLET wrote:

since when has this been a friendly league, its been a money league for a long time

It will remain a money league but it is friendly.

whatafcukinliberty
There will not be two leagues catering for different rules. We are proposing taking over if no one else does but we will only want a blackball league. New match night format, new singles format and maybe some other tournaments thrown in
Edited by whatafcukinliberty on 30/08 22:56
cops and who???

Hammer
Sounds like a revelation ??

ads

whatafcukinliberty wrote:

There will not be to leagues catering for different rules. We are proposing taking over if no one else does but we will only want a blackball league. New match night format, new singles format and maybe some other tournaments thrown in

what's the point in voting if what you state it's going to only be a blackball league

poolplayerdan

There will not be two leagues catering for different rules. We are proposing taking over if no one else does but we will only want a blackball league. New match night format, new singles format and maybe some other tournaments thrown in

I refer to the two leagues as the MKTPL and MKSPl.

maria mezza lewis

ads wrote:

There will not be to leagues catering for different rules. We are proposing taking over if no one else does but we will only want a blackball league. New match night format, new singles format and maybe some other tournaments thrown in

what's the point in voting if what you state it's going to only be a blackball league

The poll vote is just to give an idea not to be final decion. What we are saying is that the Tuesday League will either be WR or BB not both

whatafcukinliberty

ads wrote:

That is not what i said, i stated that if no one else wants to take over the Tuesday league then I may be interested but only if it was blackball league. I would not try this if someone continued with world rules as no point running 2 leagues on the one night
cops and who???

smithy
hi what about the players that dont play blackball surely more dont play at this moment in time

Knightrider
If this league goes to Blackball, then all those MK based players that play for Buckinghamshire EPA County (World Rules) will need to sign up to play for a Sunday night league team, in order to qualify playing for their county. You need to play minimum of 50% of available matches in an EPA affiliated league. So if you currently only play on Tuesdays and not Sundays you will need to join a Sunday team or start a new one up. Dave Morgan is currently trying to get new Sunday teams for the up coming season, so now is your chance.

This is not scare mongering in any way, good luck to who ever takes over the running of this league and under which set of rules it plays under. The more successful leagues there are the more pool players that will be generated and hopefully more come through to county level whichever code. I'm all for what ever keeps pool going as a sport and encouraging more youngsters to play.

My point is that if you wish to play at county level -World rules then need to play in a league which is affiliated to the EPA. Not sure if this league goes to Blackball rules if they would want to be affiliated to EPA?

maria mezza lewis

smithy wrote:

hi what about the players that dont play blackball surely more don't play at this moment in time

Smithy, as you say 'at this moment', but it will always remain that way if there is no change. Our aim is not to just set up a Blackball league but to keep the Tuesday League running albeit with different rules.
We are not looking at taking advantage of players because they don't know the rules or never played them, we are willing to go to players venue and go through the rules and play some frames. The first season will also see some agreement that would be discussed and agreed at the AGM to assist current non Blackball players. We appreciate and understand that it is a change, but the rules are not drastically different and they are easier to learn than World rules albeit you already know and play World rules and change is not something that everyone likes but there was a time when the league was Old EPA rules and you all managed to cope with the change over to World rules.

The league will bring some challenges along with some new and exciting mini comps during a season.

If the Blackball league does go ahead then in the future we will look at tying it in with the Blackball Nationals, similar to the current World rules where it is linked to Champion of Champions.

Like Stuart said, this is our proposal for the Tuesday league if there is no one to take over and run it as World rules.

Stuart and I will be going around to local pubs in the evening on Sunday 4th Sept.

maria mezza lewis

Knightrider wrote:

If this league goes to Blackball, then all those MK based players that play for Buckinghamshire EPA County (World Rules) will need to sign up to play for a Sunday night league team, in order to qualify playing for their county. You need to play minimum of 50% of available matches in an EPA affiliated league. So if you currently only play on Tuesdays and not Sundays you will need to join a Sunday team or start a new one up. Dave Morgan is currently trying to get new Sunday teams for the up coming season, so now is your chance.

This is not scare mongering in any way, good luck to who ever takes over the running of this league and under which set of rules it plays under. The more successful leagues there are the more pool players that will be generated and hopefully more come through to county level whichever code. I'm all for what ever keeps pool going as a sport and encouraging more youngsters to play.

My point is that if you wish to play at county level -World rules then need to play in a league which is affiliated to the EPA. Not sure if this league goes to Blackball rules if they would want to be affiliated to EPA?

As you know it is not Blackball that would not want to affiliate with the EPA but the EPA won't affiliate with Blackball but I'm not getting into the politics of things. If the league does change to BB then from what you say WR county players will have to play in the Sunday league or any league that is affiliated to the EPA, I take it this could be any league. Blackball county players do not have to play in an affiliated league.

bowden
Just to inform everyone, i will be continueing to run the league on a Tuesday night. I will be arranging a agm in the near furture and everyone will be invited to attend. I will be opening posistions up on the committee, in which i already have people interested. This league will remain a world rules league as far as i am concerened. This matter can be discussed at the agm if you wish

Thanks

Nick

Dog
Good move people. From the little i've seen, the Buckingham league has changed to BB seamlessly.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the EPA's 50% rule for WR County players - it's not policed. And for all their faults, they are not likely to hinder one of the smallest counties in the country (registration wise).
Everywhere is nice if you drink enough beer, so some days I’m there and some days I’m here

whatafcukinliberty
There is nothing stopping us have a division of blackball rules and a division of world rules...
Fact is that world rules is there for the few that are interested in county, yarmouth etc... the majority want a league that is much more open and ran with efficiency. Auto update tables and rankings, better comps, no deliberate fouls.
For years a lot of you that may protest about this have been protesting about how the league has ran, who runs it, lack of competition...
Maria and I are not out to spoil anyones fun, just giving you all options...
Everything is voluntary so we are suggesting this to revamp an otherwise failing league
cops and who???

Jump to Forum:
Google Search
Follow us on Facebook

Help this site and the network
grow by following all the
Bucks8Ball and iCueSport news:

Region 6 Southern
Region 6 Southern Live
Mens AFixturesTableStats
Mens BFixturesTableStats
Mens CFixturesTableStats
LadiesFixturesTableStats
SeniorsFixturesTableStats
MastersFixturesTableStats
Region 6 Southern Results
ShedCam - Live Pool

Europe U.S.A
0 0
Race to 11
Click for Scorer Panel
The Potting Shed Leagues
Code of Conduct

iCueSport Web Shop

Discount Supplies

Cue Wizard

The textual content, images and programming displayed within this website are the exclusive property of Bucks8ball.com, or provided to Bucks8ball.com by third parties such as iCueSport for exclusive use within this website. Duplication or reproduction of this content, unless explicitly stated otherwise, is an offence under UK, EU and US Copyright Law. Please note the terms and conditions of using our forums! This site is not designed for children if you are under 13 then please leave now.

Copyright Bucks8ball.com © 2010